Does this blog have any structure?! I hope so. I’m using categories and tags to put stuff together with similar content for easy navigation. Read how I organized it…
- Around & About – articles about places, people and events related to sailing.
- Cruising – articles related to sail boat cruising, and life on board.
- Equipment & Clothing – articles about equipment used in connection with sailing – from simple tools to advanced electronics as well as clothing.
- Racing – articles related to sailboat racing, sailboat racing events, its preparation and competition.
- Seascape 27 – articles related to the Seascape 27.
- Skewed – articles whose content is not really serious.
- Trans-Ocean – articles related to crossing an ocean and it’s preparation.
I also need categories for technical reasons. Don’t worry about them. They control where the articles are displayed on the blog.
- Aside Only – articles that I do not want to appear in the stream of the blog. I use it mainly for one / two pictures posts with just a short status or no text at all.
- Feed – articles that I want to appear in the stream of the blog.
I use tags to combine things that belong together, like multiple articles related to one sailing trip or the same sailing area.
- Men Folk Sailing ’14 – Our first time traditional Ascension Day weekend to Whit Monday sailing trip.
- Once In A Lifetime Summer ’14 – Our 3 weeks trip to the South Funen Archipelago
- Trans-Atlantic ‘15 – articles related to our Atlantic-Crossing from Antigua to the Azores in May 2015.
I use sailing areas to bundle articles by region.
- Baltic Sea – the Baltic Sea up to the Skagerrak.
- South Funen Archipelago – this absolutely beautiful area of Denmark.
- Inland Waters
- Mediterranean Sea
I also use tags to highlight that something special is part of the article like Videos.
- Pictures – articles with pictures worthy to enjoy.
- Videos – articles containing self-made or linked videos.
I also need one tag for technical reasons. If set, the post appears in the slider on top of the blog
- Featured – articles I like to highlight.